Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Desperately seeking God's perfect will

June 8, 2015

I spend a great deal of time seeking God's will in everything.  I'm learning that I am spending "too" much time in it.  The problem is not that I "ask".  The problem is that I "fret".  I ask and get frustrated when I don't get a solid word from the Lord. 

But today my husband had to go to South Haven.  I was at home and he asked if I wanted to go.  I didn't "inquire" of the Lord whether to go or not.  But of course if I had felt quickened "not to go", I sure would have stayed home!  But I didn't receive anything on it.  I could have stayed or I could have gone.  As long as God wasn't tapping on my shoulder about it, it was within the range of authority given to me in my life, to choose what I wanted to do. 

If God had dealt with me to stay home and I went anyway, pushing past my conscience, then it would have been disobedience, and "sin" for me to go to South Haven!   In that case, leaving out of my house would have been leaving out from under the covering of God, subjecting myself to any hurt, harm, or danger that may have been lurking out there for me because I left out from under his covering.  Then I would have opened myself up to whatever evil his "fence" was keeping from me.  Because the fence of God is my protection.

But since there was no warning, no word, then I was free to choose for myself.  It was up to me. 

And as I thought on that today, I realized that a lot of what we do is up to us!  As long as we are not hearing God tell us to "STOP!", then we can keep moving!  I can trust and have faith that I am operating beneath the covering of God in everything that I am doing, because he has not told me NOT to do it. 

If I want the store, then do it.  If there is any future situation that will make it a hole I've dug myself into, then God knows and I'm pretty sure he would not want me to get dug into a hole.  But if he allows me to do this, then it should be further testimony to me that my future is not as bleak looking as my fear would describe for me! 

Jesus said "Go to the other side".  He didn't say you wouldn't have to endure a storm, but if you wouldn't have made it to the other side, then surely he wouldn't have let you enter the boat in the first place! 

Thank you Lord for this word today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment